JUST IN: We will proceed with Melaye’s recall, INEC

The Independent National Electoral Corruption has said it will not be discouraged by the legal obstacles it is facing in the process of ...

JUST IN: We will proceed with Melaye’s recall, INEC
The Independent National Electoral Corruption has said it will not be discouraged by the legal obstacles it is facing in the process of recalling Kogi-West lawmaker, Senator Dino Melaye.

The Chairman of INEC, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, said this at the quarterly consultative meeting with journalists in Abuja on Tuesday.
Yakubu said constituents had the right to recall anybody they wanted to in a democracy.
He said, “There was a pronouncement on Thursday last week on the matter and everything has been taking to the Court of Appeal. We are waiting to be served with court documents and the commission will take a decision today.
“Ultimately, election and recall are legal processes and we will not violate the laws of this country but I want to assure you that we will proceed courageously. Citizens must have the right to recall anybody as long as the process is in conformity with the law of this country and I am committed to that.”
The INEC boss also warned politicians seeking to run in 2018 and 2019 to stop campaigning as this was in contravention of the Electoral Act.
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, had last week inaugurated his presidential campaign in Abuja, pasting his posters in various parts of the country while branded buses had also been deployed.
Yakubu, however, said, “Let me warn political parties and aspirants. We have not released the schedule of activities for the elections. Anything that anybody does is illegal before the law. They should wait for the time table of the elections.”
The Electoral Act states that the period of campaigning in public by every political party shall commence not earlier than 90 days before polling day.
It also prescribes a fine of N500,000 for anyone found guilty of doing so.
A Federal High Court Judge, John Tsoho, on Tuesday, October 3, withdrew himself for the trial of eight Boko Haram terror suspects charged to his court. Premium Times reports that the judge made the decision following an application by six of the defendants asking that their case be transferred from his court. Read more: https://www.naij.com/1128454-breaking-judge-withdraws-trial-boko-haram-suspects-accused-killing-12-foreig.html#1128454
A Federal High Court Judge, John Tsoho, on Tuesday, October 3, withdrew himself for the trial of eight Boko Haram terror suspects charged to his court. Premium Times reports that the judge made the decision following an application by six of the defendants asking that their case be transferred from his court. Read more: https://www.naij.com/1128454-breaking-judge-withdraws-trial-boko-haram-suspects-accused-killing-12-foreig.html#1128454
A Federal High Court Judge, John Tsoho, on Tuesday, October 3, withdrew himself for the trial of eight Boko Haram terror suspects charged to his court. Premium Times reports that the judge made the decision following an application by six of the defendants asking that their case be transferred from his court. Read more: https://www.naij.com/1128454-breaking-judge-withdraws-trial-boko-haram-suspects-accused-killing-12-foreig.html#1128454
A Federal High Court Judge, John Tsoho, on Tuesday, October 3, withdrew himself for the trial of eight Boko Haram terror suspects charged to his court. Premium Times reports that the judge made the decision following an application by six of the defendants asking that their case be transferred from his court. Read more: https://www.naij.com/1128454-breaking-judge-withdraws-trial-boko-haram-suspects-accused-killing-12-foreig.html#1128454

COMMENTS

Name

business news,1,campuslife,9,court,2,crime,95,editorial,1,Education,12,entertainment,102,featured,2,Features,6,gist,1,Health,5,Interview,7,METRO PLUS,1,news,800,opinion,10,photo,4,Photo news,81,politcs,8,politics,309,Sport,2,sports,35,video,4,worldnews,46,
ltr
item
GT News: JUST IN: We will proceed with Melaye’s recall, INEC
JUST IN: We will proceed with Melaye’s recall, INEC
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-67PxTJCzWO4/WdOkEl_mY4I/AAAAAAAACfc/DeqVsFnc8IUdxlglJQ0Es65oQYjJvHl1gCLcBGAs/s400/INEC.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-67PxTJCzWO4/WdOkEl_mY4I/AAAAAAAACfc/DeqVsFnc8IUdxlglJQ0Es65oQYjJvHl1gCLcBGAs/s72-c/INEC.jpg
GT News
https://www.gtblog.com.ng/2017/10/just-in-we-will-proceed-with-melayes.html
https://www.gtblog.com.ng/
https://www.gtblog.com.ng/
https://www.gtblog.com.ng/2017/10/just-in-we-will-proceed-with-melayes.html
true
7182459896266668631
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share. STEP 2: Click the link you shared to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy